Bleeding and Believing

Monday, December 19, 2005

It's for real. Christmas is on its way.

Six days before Christmas. Wow.

I feel really excited when it's Christmas time. The weather's good, lights twinkling everywhere, and there's always gift-giving.

I used to get a lot of gifts and/or money. But as my age increases, the gifts I receive decrease. It really doesn't matter; Jesus is the reason for the season, although sometimes I wish there were more gifts.

Anyway, every year our university celebrates Christmas with this event called Paskuhan. For this year, our Paskuhan is scheduled tomorrow, 20 December 2005. Weeks before the Paskuhan, the whole campus is lit with amazing lights and a big Christmas tree found in the grandstand.

After our Research Center Christmas party, I took some photos of the campus during night time. And believe me, it was a beautiful sight.

This is the street fronting the Grad School.


This is the street in front of the Botanical Garden and the Chapel.


This is the parking area in front of the Main Building with star-shaped lights.


Even the trees along Lover's Lane were wrapped with lights.


And of course, the Main Building was the main attraction of them all. This building housed me for four years.


Europe? Nah, just Manila. Here's a more magnificent view. Giant and imposing.


Sorry for the blurred shots, I took the pics without flash kasi. Hehe..

Anyway, tomorrow is Paskuhan and there will be fireworks, dancing, prizes, party, and free food. But what I am most excited about is our class get-together. We'll all celebrate Paskuhan together again, for the fifth straight time and the first after graduation. Yebah!

****

Christmas parties are everywhere. Last night was our Parish Youth Ministry's turn to celebrate. The Better Living Dazers came for our presentation for the night.


We did what we do best during our Weekends: the Entertainment, with a twist of course. Everybody laughed so hard and yes, we won best presentation. =)

****

Last Friday, I felt like eating Bibingka at around 9:00 pm. I can't wait till simbang gabi, I HAD to eat bibingka ASAP. So I called Leah and Peter to come with me and find a Bibingka vendor.

We landed in Makati. Icebergs in Makati.

I ordered Mango Tango Split, which was really really good.


We then went home and I decided to stay up until 4:30 am to wait for simbang gabi and eat bibingka. But then I fell asleep.

I woke up at 12:00 noon and I realized it's waaaaay too late for simbang gabi. There's always a next simbang gabi. Yun nga lang, I was too early for it. Haaaaay...

posted by Dorxie at 2:58 PM   [ 0 comments ]

v5.7 Copyright (c) 2005, Dorx Crooc All Rights Reserved.

+ For the Greater Glory of God! +




Make it an escape.
Make it an experience.
Make it a daily necessity.
Make it an occasional treat.
Make it a happy place.
Make it a fortress of solitude.
Make it bouncy.
Make it what you want it to be.

Make it your Journal.
Go ahead and blog away.





Subscribe!
Feed yourself. Subscribe!

Check me out at Friendster!
Check me out at Friendster!

amazing since birth.
amazing since birth.

Go forth and Multiply.


Let's have a lil chit chat.

Send me an e-mail!
Send me an e-mail!

Twitter Logo

    Follow me on Twitter.

    My Disclosure Policy
    My Disclosure Policy









    This site is a member of WebRing. To browse click here.

    PinoyTopBlogs.com Webring
    Join | Ring Hub | Random | Prev | Next

    Blogarama - The Blog Directory

    Blogko.net Topsites

    Add to Technorati Favorites




    www.hitscount.com