Bleeding and Believing

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Why I can kiss Dear Professor 27856 times

After spending the whole of yesterday thinking about my ability and knowledge in Organic Chemistry, I have finally decided to drop one of my subjects this sem, which requires skill in analysis using org chem principles.

The very reason why I'm dropping the subject is because it focuses on the subject I hate the most. I was forced to take this subject because no other subject was available and I have to take 18 academic units. After 4 or 5 meetings, I realized I'm not going to do good in this subject. I realized I'd be dead soon.

Anyway, I came to the GS Dean's office this morning to seek advice from Dr. Sison and I also wanted to ask her what are the consequences of dropping this subject in the middle of the sem. I told her org chem is not my cup of tea. I told her I'd rather swim in dirt than take org chem. I told her I'd choose to walk on Antarctica naked than take org chem. I told her I'd stick a bucket of yucky worms on my head just to avoid org chem. Okay, okay, it's OA. I just told her I abhor org chem and so I'm dropping the freakin subject.

I told her I'm planning to take a cognate subject this summer to make up for the subject I'm dropping. She said there will be no conflict as long as I complete the required academic units. But she also emphasized that I might have problems with the scholarship. Then I realized I have to think hard again.

I went to the College of Science Dean's Office to talk to my adviser. I was hoping he could shed more light on the "dropping" implications. He strongly encouraged me to continue with the subject, saying that dropping it would not be good for my record in DOST.

On my way to the stairs, still depressed, I met my professor in the subject I'm planning to drop. From now on let us call him Dear Professor. Dear Professor told me we wouldn't meet tomorrow because he has something important to attend to. He will just leave some seat work. In front of him I said, "Yes! Yes! (with matching hila ng fist move)"

You see, my head is about to be placed on a chopping board tomorrow. I have a big report to make and I'm not even 0.5% done. When reporting in front of Dear Professor, it's like seating on an electric chair or standing in front of a firing squad or being burned alive. With Dear Professor as the teacher and with org chem as the subject, it's a highway to death.

Since the reporting was cancelled twice already, I think I now have more time to prepare. I have more time to get my protecting gears ready. Haha!

Thanks, Dear Professor. You gave me the sign I needed. I shall face you next week, but till then it will be torture.

So there, I'm not dropping the subject. I'll just work my ass off till my stem cells die of fatigue. Haaaay... patience is truly a virtue.

posted by Dorxie at 2:46 PM   [ 0 comments ]

v5.7 Copyright (c) 2005, Dorx Crooc All Rights Reserved.

+ For the Greater Glory of God! +




Make it an escape.
Make it an experience.
Make it a daily necessity.
Make it an occasional treat.
Make it a happy place.
Make it a fortress of solitude.
Make it bouncy.
Make it what you want it to be.

Make it your Journal.
Go ahead and blog away.





Subscribe!
Feed yourself. Subscribe!

Check me out at Friendster!
Check me out at Friendster!

amazing since birth.
amazing since birth.

Go forth and Multiply.


Let's have a lil chit chat.

Send me an e-mail!
Send me an e-mail!

Twitter Logo

    Follow me on Twitter.

    My Disclosure Policy
    My Disclosure Policy









    This site is a member of WebRing. To browse click here.

    PinoyTopBlogs.com Webring
    Join | Ring Hub | Random | Prev | Next

    Blogarama - The Blog Directory

    Blogko.net Topsites

    Add to Technorati Favorites




    www.hitscount.com