Bleeding and Believing

Sunday, February 26, 2006

Do I hear cheers from Davao?

I think I do. I do. I do. I do.

Last Thursday, 23 February, I finally got the chance to finish my abstract for the 21st Philippine Chemistry Congress in Davao. I had to repeat an experiment that has doubtful results during the earlier part of the week. I did most of the interpretation of the results last Wednesday and Thursday.

I was hoping Dr. Sevilla could check it before I submit it to the panelists who will review it but then he said he will have it checked over the weekend. He advised me to just send the abstract then send another one if ever we have corrections.

After sending the abtract, I was sort of feeling confident that my paper would be accepted. With the other MS people who are going to Davao this summer, I started browsing the internet for airline trips and accomodation because we will ask for financial assistance from DOST.

We called DOST and they advised us to avail the PALakbayan package of the Philippine Airlines, which is even better because we were thinking of something cheaper like Cebu Pacific. Of course, PAL, I think, is better than any other domestic airline.

Anyway, I was able to book a flight. I will be in Davao from the 3rd to the 8th of April. I am just waiting for the reply of DOST if they will shoulder the expenses since I will be presenting my research there. Just in case they won't, I need to start looking for sponsors because the whole trip may cost a little over Php 12,000.

Last Friday, Ma'am Karen told me that my paper has been accepted for poster presentation. She asked me to do a draft of the poster over the weekend so I could show it to her tomorrow.

Now it looks like my trip to Davao is really going to push thru. No reason for it not to.

I smell the scent of Durians. The sight of Pomelos. The trip to the Pearl Farm.

Oh yes. I hear cheers from Davao City!

posted by Dorxie at 8:58 AM   [ 0 comments ]

v5.7 Copyright (c) 2005, Dorx Crooc All Rights Reserved.

+ For the Greater Glory of God! +




Make it an escape.
Make it an experience.
Make it a daily necessity.
Make it an occasional treat.
Make it a happy place.
Make it a fortress of solitude.
Make it bouncy.
Make it what you want it to be.

Make it your Journal.
Go ahead and blog away.





Subscribe!
Feed yourself. Subscribe!

Check me out at Friendster!
Check me out at Friendster!

amazing since birth.
amazing since birth.

Go forth and Multiply.


Let's have a lil chit chat.

Send me an e-mail!
Send me an e-mail!

Twitter Logo

    Follow me on Twitter.

    My Disclosure Policy
    My Disclosure Policy









    This site is a member of WebRing. To browse click here.

    PinoyTopBlogs.com Webring
    Join | Ring Hub | Random | Prev | Next

    Blogarama - The Blog Directory

    Blogko.net Topsites

    Add to Technorati Favorites




    www.hitscount.com