Bleeding and Believing

Friday, February 17, 2006

Muah flip flops. Muah board game.

Muah Eds! Muah Oyet! Muah Tita!

Guess what? Eds bought me a pair of Filipinas Havaianas!!!


Eds called me up this afternoon and told me to meet her in front of the research center because she has something for me. It's a "Thank You" gift for doing her poster. It's also a gift from Tita (her mom) and Oyet.

When she handed the immaculate white Rustans bag with a box inside, I knew it was flip flops. Eds knew I wanted to buy the new Havs I just don't have the time to drop by the mall. And I was so happy to find out that Eds bought it for me already!


Thanks Eds. I love thee. I love thee to the bones. Muah muah muah.

****

I say we Filipinos who are Havaianas crazy should own at least a pair of this limited release. I mean we patronize the Brazilian flip flops so dearly that we buy more pairs even if we have lots already. So why not buy something that makes us proud of being Pinoy?

This new Filipinas Havaianas is just like the Brasil model. The main difference is that it does not have the Brazilian flag on the strap.


It has our Philippine flag.


And it has the Philippine colors yellow, red, and blue as side lines instead of Brazil's green, yellow, and blue.


Go and buy a pair before stocks run out! Go and be proud to be Pinoy! Wear the Filipino flag loud and proud! Woohoo!

****

Leah and Peter picked me up this even to hang out at Charles' place. It was a lazy Thursday night and the four of us had nothing better to do.

We have decided to play Up Words. Up Words is like Scrabble, the only difference is that you can place letters on top of the other letters to form a new word as long as you keep at least one letter of the orginal word. Plus the score is also affected by the other words that cross your formed word.


It was more fun and more challenging than Scrabble. It took Peter a while to figure out what word to form to get a high score.


While waiting for Peter, Charles started scanning the dictionary to look for possible words that can be formed from his set of letters.


Leah took a nap because Peter took so long to form his word.


The whole time I was thinking of a word that can be formed from my letters. Vowels, anyone? I have lots of 'em.


We ended at 1:30 am and I emerged as the winner. It was a nice game. Charles said he didn't have beginner's luck and promised to make a come back next time.

It was some day for me but at least I get to release all the stress by playing Up Words.

****

My adviser just told me to come up with an abstract for my poster presentation at the Chem Congress in Davao. Thing is, yesterday was the deadline but my adviser told me to just pass an abstract even if it's already late because they would still accept it naman since UST is in charge of the book of abstracts and paper presentations.

I didn't want to present because it's a national congress. I mean big people will be there and they might just find my work, well, a little too early for a congress. But since my adviser said nobody else is doing my sensor research in the Philippines and chemiresistors are very new to chemists, presenting it is just okay.

Today shall be another day devoted to science. I have to again work in the lab to do some last-minute experiments. Oh, I love cramming!

posted by Dorxie at 2:15 PM   [ 0 comments ]

v5.7 Copyright (c) 2005, Dorx Crooc All Rights Reserved.

+ For the Greater Glory of God! +




Make it an escape.
Make it an experience.
Make it a daily necessity.
Make it an occasional treat.
Make it a happy place.
Make it a fortress of solitude.
Make it bouncy.
Make it what you want it to be.

Make it your Journal.
Go ahead and blog away.





Subscribe!
Feed yourself. Subscribe!

Check me out at Friendster!
Check me out at Friendster!

amazing since birth.
amazing since birth.

Go forth and Multiply.


Let's have a lil chit chat.

Send me an e-mail!
Send me an e-mail!

Twitter Logo

    Follow me on Twitter.

    My Disclosure Policy
    My Disclosure Policy









    This site is a member of WebRing. To browse click here.

    PinoyTopBlogs.com Webring
    Join | Ring Hub | Random | Prev | Next

    Blogarama - The Blog Directory

    Blogko.net Topsites

    Add to Technorati Favorites




    www.hitscount.com