Bleeding and Believing

Friday, December 23, 2005

Holiday work

It's the 23rd, 1 day before Christmas, and I'm still here in the lab working with the other researchers and students.

I've been distilling my monomer for three days now, thanks to Chris' baby distillation set-up that can only carry 15 ml of sample. But Chris, it was really a great help to us. So yeah, thanks a lot! Oh, and I love the cookies! Muah!

Anyway, I was washing some reagent bottles a while ago when I remembered some things about last Christmas. I had more gifts, more moolah (bwahaha!), but I was unhappy because of my research last year. I remember spending the whole vacation doing my thesis, with the 25th as the only day-off. And now, look at me. I'm still doing research on the 23rd but the only difference is that now I'm sort of enjoying the stuff I do.

Anyway, one thing I love about the holiday season is that family members and friends come home to spend Christmas in the Philippines. Two of my friends are coming home this weekend, both I missed spending Christmas with last year.

One of them is Julien who is probably one of my closest friends in the village. I remember making chika with her, laughing with her, shopping with her, and crying with her over, ehem, boys. We made this promise that if we marry a guy who has a child already, we will be evil stepmoms. Hahaha... That was before, now I'm sure we are more mature to handle something like that. Or so we think we are. But I love kids! I really do!

So the next days or weeks will be moments I am going to spend with dear friends who are home once again. Yep, can't wait!

Now I'm back to work again. Duty calls!

posted by Dorxie at 5:07 PM   [ 0 comments ]

v5.7 Copyright (c) 2005, Dorx Crooc All Rights Reserved.

+ For the Greater Glory of God! +




Make it an escape.
Make it an experience.
Make it a daily necessity.
Make it an occasional treat.
Make it a happy place.
Make it a fortress of solitude.
Make it bouncy.
Make it what you want it to be.

Make it your Journal.
Go ahead and blog away.





Subscribe!
Feed yourself. Subscribe!

Check me out at Friendster!
Check me out at Friendster!

amazing since birth.
amazing since birth.

Go forth and Multiply.


Let's have a lil chit chat.

Send me an e-mail!
Send me an e-mail!

Twitter Logo

    Follow me on Twitter.

    My Disclosure Policy
    My Disclosure Policy









    This site is a member of WebRing. To browse click here.

    PinoyTopBlogs.com Webring
    Join | Ring Hub | Random | Prev | Next

    Blogarama - The Blog Directory

    Blogko.net Topsites

    Add to Technorati Favorites




    www.hitscount.com