Bleeding and Believing

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

What's killing me lately

Thursday last week. 8 November 2007. I came to school early to spend some quiet time to do my reports for DOST. When I stay at home, I usually procrastinate until the day has ended without me typing a single letter for my report. I have constantly been putting it off that I totally forgot it's the 2nd sem already and I badly need to pass my reports ASAP. I needed motivation to do what needs to be done and the laboratory is the perfect place to get that motivation from.

As I was approaching our lab, I saw this blue paper stuck on our door. Announcements, I thought to myself.

Blue paper on our laboratory door

I moved closer and checked out what does it really say.

RCNS updates

So this was it. This was what Dr. Binag called me for 2 months ago. Researchers get to report to the "local scientific community" what they have been doing and improve their research work through the insights and suggestions of other researchers.

Anyway, I looked at the names of those who will be presenting...

names names names

...and nearly fainted when I found mine written under the December 5 heading.

December 5. 2:00 pm. DORCAS CROOC. ahh (faint!)

I was honestly alarmed to find myself presenting my study so early in December. I knew it's going to be in December, but I didn't expect it to fall on the first week! It's just too soon!

So for the past week, I've been doing follow-ups on my experiments to get more reliable and presentable data.

Experimental set-up

What's hard for me is that I have several other deadlines to beat for my money-making brouhaha. But who says I have to sacrifice one of my duties? I can always do things at the same time. After all, I'm not called ultra-amazing Superwoman for nothing.

Doing paid opps while doing experiments

My working area

And so for today, since I am finished with the last few experiments for the first phase of my study, I will be staying at home trying to encode my data. I will be having a meeting with my adviser tomorrow, so I need to prepare the stuff I will report to him. This research update thing goes at the top of my list (together with my paid opps), and next are my pending DOST reports which I hope I can prepare as the days (or weeks) pass by.

*As I was doing this post, the mail man arrived and handed me a letter from DOST. Yes, they are looking for my reports already. Waaaaaahhhhh! OMG, I'm gonna die! (Mariel Rodriguez way of saying)

Labels:

posted by Dorxie at 11:32 AM   [ 0 comments ]

v5.7 Copyright (c) 2005, Dorx Crooc All Rights Reserved.

+ For the Greater Glory of God! +




Make it an escape.
Make it an experience.
Make it a daily necessity.
Make it an occasional treat.
Make it a happy place.
Make it a fortress of solitude.
Make it bouncy.
Make it what you want it to be.

Make it your Journal.
Go ahead and blog away.





Subscribe!
Feed yourself. Subscribe!

Check me out at Friendster!
Check me out at Friendster!

amazing since birth.
amazing since birth.

Go forth and Multiply.


Let's have a lil chit chat.

Send me an e-mail!
Send me an e-mail!

Twitter Logo

    Follow me on Twitter.

    My Disclosure Policy
    My Disclosure Policy









    This site is a member of WebRing. To browse click here.

    PinoyTopBlogs.com Webring
    Join | Ring Hub | Random | Prev | Next

    Blogarama - The Blog Directory

    Blogko.net Topsites

    Add to Technorati Favorites




    www.hitscount.com