Bleeding and Believing

Wednesday, January 09, 2008

A tale of vacuum cleaners

When I was a kid, I remember seeing men, clad in white polo shirts with black (or maroon!) neckties and black pants, going from one door to another with a pleasant smile stuck on their faces, selling the most essential household gadget at that time: vacuum cleaners.

And because vacuum cleaners were sold from house to house (with a more personal sales talk from the men in white), it occurred to me that these cleaners were only for the selected few who were chosen by, well, the vacuum cleaner company or the salesmen themselves. Otherwise, why not let it just sit at the mall and wait for customers to grab it (I honestly thought that vacuum cleaners were not sold at the mall)? I thought, it must be that special.

As years passed by, the men clad in white became less. And less. And less. Then gone. Vacuum cleaners became, in my opinion, less popular. No more sales talk. No more strollers carrying vacuum cleaners. No more white polo shirt with necktie.

However, these cleaners have recently been making a comeback. No, not on our doorstep, but in the it's-all-here world of the internet. Dyson vacuums can now be bought online for a couple of hundreds of dollars, with matching user reviews and product popularity. What's good to have it online is that you get opinions from different people who have actually used the product -- that's more than the sales talk of one single person!

Hay. Just imagine how the world has evolved. Vacuum cleaners from salesmen to the internet. Is it just me or is it the world? Am I getting too old or is the world moving forward too much? Whatever it is, I know something's brewing. There's more to come. We all have to watch out.

Labels:

posted by Dorxie at 2:29 PM   [ 0 comments ]

v5.7 Copyright (c) 2005, Dorx Crooc All Rights Reserved.

+ For the Greater Glory of God! +




Make it an escape.
Make it an experience.
Make it a daily necessity.
Make it an occasional treat.
Make it a happy place.
Make it a fortress of solitude.
Make it bouncy.
Make it what you want it to be.

Make it your Journal.
Go ahead and blog away.





Subscribe!
Feed yourself. Subscribe!

Check me out at Friendster!
Check me out at Friendster!

amazing since birth.
amazing since birth.

Go forth and Multiply.


Let's have a lil chit chat.

Send me an e-mail!
Send me an e-mail!

Twitter Logo

    Follow me on Twitter.

    My Disclosure Policy
    My Disclosure Policy









    This site is a member of WebRing. To browse click here.

    PinoyTopBlogs.com Webring
    Join | Ring Hub | Random | Prev | Next

    Blogarama - The Blog Directory

    Blogko.net Topsites

    Add to Technorati Favorites




    www.hitscount.com