Bleeding and Believing

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

The problem with Hello is Goodbye

Goodbye is not my most favorite word in the whole wide world. In fact, I don't have it included in my dictionary.

There were several things-slash-persons I said goodbye to for the past few months.

Him. College. CSJ. My green butterfly Havaianas. My fone. My long hair. Happiness for a while, which I got back easily, thanks to my wonderful friends. Shenley, who went to Japan, and who is now back, stronger and very much happy.

Then I had to let go of my iPod last week. Mama Tessang left us just a week ago. My old org in the church was declared dead just last Sunday.

Two days from now I have to let go of a dear friend, Kat. She's leaving for the US, and honestly, it did not sink into me until last Friday, October 28, when we had our despedida for her.

It was a total get-together-slash-reunion for us because Shenley was back. So the girls went on to have the first shot.


A closer look. (Me, Syk, Sheila, Shen, Kat)


Sheila and I kept on joking with how Japanese people take their pics with a peace sign. I'm sure everyone have observed that.

You see, when the Japanese take pics, they always make the peace sign with their hand. Really. You'll see that even in anime. No offense meant to the Japanese. I mean, it's like a requirement when they take pics. It's like the peace sign SHOULD be there, or else the photos will not come out nice. Like Kodak will sabotage the pics when they do not see the peace sign when they develop pics.

Anyway, we came to the conclusion that the Japanese are always making pa-cute, and so they consider the peace sign as a useful tool to look cute. But we can't be too sure until we try it out ourselves.


And we proved ourselves correct! Teehee!

Later on, PA arrived with TJ, Teppy and Tep's cousin Guia. The barx girls roster was nearly completed (Minay and Noemi were not able to make it) when Teij and Eds came.


And because we are cam whores...


Teij and Eds needed to try out the peace sign too. But Eds wasn't that "game". Maybe she didn't want to feel Japanese at all. Haha!


After our dinner at the Seafood Club, we invaded IO in Jupiter.


They deserved another shot.


It was almost 4 am when we went home. IO was closing and our bill was going sky high.

Then suddenly it hit me. I thought, I won't be seeing Kat for some time. I won't be able to take pics with her for months or even years. I had to seize the moment.


One more, the sepia look.


Before we went home, I gave Kat my dangling earrings, three bracelets, and a card.


TO KAT, I hope you read this before you leave:

I'll miss you, Kat. I'll miss our college days, our chikahan in every subject that needs no alphabetical seating arrangement, our trips to Baguio and Zamboanga, your home cooked meals in our Pacdal Liteng home in Baguio, and all our memories together.

But above all, I'll miss having a friend who cries over very mababaw things, who has an immeasurable patience, who is pretty not only outside but also inside, who is almost a sister to me.


Kat, you are one of my closest friends ever and I'll always be thankful for that. Take over South Carolina!

Ahluvyah Mare!

****

Yay! A new blog look! Whacha think?!

posted by Dorxie at 6:58 PM   [ 0 comments ]

v5.7 Copyright (c) 2005, Dorx Crooc All Rights Reserved.

+ For the Greater Glory of God! +




Make it an escape.
Make it an experience.
Make it a daily necessity.
Make it an occasional treat.
Make it a happy place.
Make it a fortress of solitude.
Make it bouncy.
Make it what you want it to be.

Make it your Journal.
Go ahead and blog away.





Subscribe!
Feed yourself. Subscribe!

Check me out at Friendster!
Check me out at Friendster!

amazing since birth.
amazing since birth.

Go forth and Multiply.


Let's have a lil chit chat.

Send me an e-mail!
Send me an e-mail!

Twitter Logo

    Follow me on Twitter.

    My Disclosure Policy
    My Disclosure Policy









    This site is a member of WebRing. To browse click here.

    PinoyTopBlogs.com Webring
    Join | Ring Hub | Random | Prev | Next

    Blogarama - The Blog Directory

    Blogko.net Topsites

    Add to Technorati Favorites




    www.hitscount.com