Bleeding and Believing

Thursday, September 22, 2005

Board Aftermath Part Two: Celebration Again

And the celebration never stops.

Last night, it was the Department of Chemistry's turn to treat us for passing the Chemist Licensure Exams. They said it was actually the College of Science's "blow-out". Students' money eh?

We met in school at around 4:00 in the afternoon for a thanksgiving mass at Pedrosa Hall. Just before the mass started, Kit took out his tripod, and of course we knew what that means. I got my camera and took the first shot of the day.


But one is never enough. Another shot, please.


Right after the mass, everybody headed for Dulcinea in Tomas Morato. Of course, we had to take a picture as soon as we got there. We weren't called cam whores for nothing, you know.


The food looked good but the pasta was the real eye candy to me. Together with Teij, Kat, and Syk, I hurried to the buffet table as soon as father finished blessing the food. But you know professors can't be beaten when it comes to being first in the line, after all, they organized the dinner. So after the last prof, it was me, then the barx. I was the first among the "new chemists" to go back to my seat. This was the sumptuous dinner waiting to be devoured.


Indeed, it was consumed rather fast.


And how can we forget the dessert?


Just the same, it was eaten as fast as the speed of light.


Okay, I'm OA. I have to say the cream puff was good. So good I had to take the giant cream puff from the dessert plate on the buffet table. It was so big it took more than half of my platito.


The night was far from over. Dr. Menguito took the stage to give out some special awards. Hannah (2nd place) and Chris (6th place) were given money as their reward for being board topnotchers.

All of a sudden, Dr. Menguito said she also has something for her advisees. Advisees, you said? Now, why does that ring a bell? Do I hear my name?

For me, that was the biggest surprise of the night. Garet and I got "something" from our dear Tita Cora, the Department's Chairperson, for passing the board. Oh, Tita Cora, ahluvyah!

Speeches were given by the professors and the students. I had the chance to thank everyone who, in one way or another, helped me to be what I am right now. Before speaking, I had many things in mind that I wanted to share with everyone especially with my professors. But you know the feeling when you are there and you are holding the microphone, just before you open your mouth to utter the words you've been dying to tell the people who appreciated your work, your mind seems to fly away and all of a sudden you are blanked out? That happened to me last night, of all the nights for chrissakes. Nevertheless, I was able to give out a piece of what I wanted to say.

Many people then headed home but for most of us, the night was young. So together with the Chem Department's chair, Tita Cora, and the College of Science's dean, Doc Sev, (o, san ka pa?!) our next stop was Mocha Blends.


Don't you just love it when the lighting is soft and dim? I do. I think it does some magic. With Teij and Lani, I took advantage of the light in the coffee shop.


When I showed the shot to Teij she said, "Baket ganyan Mars? Sepia ba yan?" I guess it's.. uhmm.. a little too yellow.

But we can't get enough gimmick. While some decided to call it a night, we decided to call it a Videoke night. We went to I.O. in the ABS-CBN compound for some good karaoke. Since it was midweek, there were a lot of available rooms. They gave us the Gary Valenciano suite. And you know how I adore Gary V. So does Lani. I had to give him a kiss. And so did Lani.


One more, Gary. Please?


With a few drinks and nachos, we were divas for a night.


The divas deserved another shot. So i gave it to them.


It was 2:00 am when we decided it was our turn to call it a night. Before going home I had to get myself a Rhumba grande (cream-based) from Starbucks. The shop was closed but I asked Manong guard if I could just get one drink. I just need to have it. Then the barista told him it's okay. Boy, was I happy.

The very moment I got home, I opened the envelope Tita Cora gave me. Do I smell shopping?

Yes, I do. Robinsons here I come!

****

Last night was one of the best nights of my life. More than a celebration of passing the board, it was also a celebration of friendship. To all my friends, ahluvyah times ten to infinity!!!

Now that becomes an imaginary number. Unlike the number i, our friendship is far from being imaginary. It's the most real thing on this planet.

****

This afternoon, I had to visit Robinsons Place in Ermita to check out stuff I can buy with my gift certificate. I decided to use the GC some other time when I'm with my mom because, as what I've said before, I need someone to "second my motion".

One thing about me is that I never leave the mall without spending. It's like a curse. I have to buy something. I really, really have to.

So I went to this accessory stall and look for the necklace I've been eyeing for for a few days now. They have it, only it was sort of tight for my neck. I had to ask the saleslady to add more beads to lengthen it a bit.


This was just like the necklace worn by the girl from the Close Up commercial. The Close Up commercial where Sam appeared. Yes, the Sam from Pinoy Big Brother. The Sam Chx is dying for.

Can't wait to go back to Robinsons. The mall's excellent. The voice-over from the Department Store said the mall will soon have a sale. That's even more excellent.

My shopping spree is nigh. I hear the Rebecca Bloomwood in me ready to unleash itself.

posted by Dorxie at 10:43 PM   [ 0 comments ]

v5.7 Copyright (c) 2005, Dorx Crooc All Rights Reserved.

+ For the Greater Glory of God! +




Make it an escape.
Make it an experience.
Make it a daily necessity.
Make it an occasional treat.
Make it a happy place.
Make it a fortress of solitude.
Make it bouncy.
Make it what you want it to be.

Make it your Journal.
Go ahead and blog away.





Subscribe!
Feed yourself. Subscribe!

Check me out at Friendster!
Check me out at Friendster!

amazing since birth.
amazing since birth.

Go forth and Multiply.


Let's have a lil chit chat.

Send me an e-mail!
Send me an e-mail!

Twitter Logo

    Follow me on Twitter.

    My Disclosure Policy
    My Disclosure Policy









    This site is a member of WebRing. To browse click here.

    PinoyTopBlogs.com Webring
    Join | Ring Hub | Random | Prev | Next

    Blogarama - The Blog Directory

    Blogko.net Topsites

    Add to Technorati Favorites




    www.hitscount.com