Bleeding and Believing

Monday, November 07, 2005

This needs a title but I can't think of one so just read on, reader.

Back-to-school days seem to be still too long from now, unless of course I get my mind to touch the reality that it is, in fact, just a day away.

Chris was right (see Tag Board). I, too, am not in the mood for school. Not just yet. It's supposed to be still my sem break. It didn't even reach two weeks. I still want to bum around the house, spend hours in the mall, and sleep all day.

When I lay on my bed and start thinking about school, I try to do something else, like read a book or look at old pictures. Because I know the moment I step in school, I shall be starting my rigorous, labor-intensive, head-spinning, neck-breaking, period-inducing thesis. I am not only worried about the lab work, I'm much scared of the paper work. PAPERS, for heaven's sake. Journals to read, proposals to make, reports to complete, and log books to fill. All papers.

So for the past couple of days left of my sem break, I decided to forget about school muna. It's just too damn stressful. I have decided to read books that are lying around in my room.

I just finished Sophie's World by Jostein Gaarder. I started this book months ago because I was required to read it, but I never got to finish it because I was too occupied with many things. I know it's a best-seller and all, but it just didn't hit me like my favorite classics. It's not, like, Bang!

Maybe the reason why I didn't enjoy it much is because I am really not into philosophy, which the book is all about. I should say the twist of the story was good and exciting, but all the rest just didn't catch much of my interest. Anyway, the book was okay, it was so-so. I have to say Gaarder must have put a lot of effort in making the story line. Very impressive.

Now I am starting a book given to me by Ninay two years ago. Yes, two years ago. You see, I luuurrve reading books but most of the time I don't get to finish a book because something almost always comes up. I do finish them, but not just by isang upuan. You know what I mean.

But of course, there are books worth reading just with isang upuan lang. There's JD Salinger's The Catcher in the Rye, definitely my favorite. And Neil Gaiman's American Gods and Sandman. And Harper Lee's To Kill a Mockingbird. And... ehem... Sophie Kinsella's Shopaholic series.

Anyway, I'm currently reading Anita Shreve's Eden Close. I have not gone too far with the first chapter, but I plan to read the most that I can today. With one day before the start of school, I think reaching the last page of this book may be pushed for several days.

When I get enough moolah, I plan to buy some classics I saw at Powerbooks. I am eyeing for Chronicles of a Death Foretold and Love in the Time of Cholera, both by Gabriel Garcia-Marquez, poetry compilations of Pablo Neruda, and the Rosales saga by F. Sionil Jose.

Talk about bookworm mode.

****

Why is it that when you play the violin too dem well, especially when you're a kid, people consider you as an amazing, oh-so-talented person? What is it about the violin?

If you play the guitar or the flute well, are you considered less talented? Why is violin a sign of brilliance? Is it that hard to learn?

I shall find out myself.

****

21 days to go. Good luck to all our athletes for the 23rd SEA Games. Raise high the flag of our country. Go Philippines! Be proud to be Pinoy!

posted by Dorxie at 12:12 AM   [ 0 comments ]

v5.7 Copyright (c) 2005, Dorx Crooc All Rights Reserved.

+ For the Greater Glory of God! +




Make it an escape.
Make it an experience.
Make it a daily necessity.
Make it an occasional treat.
Make it a happy place.
Make it a fortress of solitude.
Make it bouncy.
Make it what you want it to be.

Make it your Journal.
Go ahead and blog away.





Subscribe!
Feed yourself. Subscribe!

Check me out at Friendster!
Check me out at Friendster!

amazing since birth.
amazing since birth.

Go forth and Multiply.


Let's have a lil chit chat.

Send me an e-mail!
Send me an e-mail!

Twitter Logo

    Follow me on Twitter.

    My Disclosure Policy
    My Disclosure Policy









    This site is a member of WebRing. To browse click here.

    PinoyTopBlogs.com Webring
    Join | Ring Hub | Random | Prev | Next

    Blogarama - The Blog Directory

    Blogko.net Topsites

    Add to Technorati Favorites




    www.hitscount.com