Bleeding and Believing

Thursday, December 29, 2005

Fireworks....again!

You heard me right. I went to see the World Pyro Olympics again.

Of course, going there is such a hassle...again. There was traffic...again (in Manila? As always!).


There were amazing fireworks captured by my fone...again...


and again...


and again...


and again...


and again...


and again.


I uploaded the videos, which you can download...again.

UK 1 (827 kb, 1 min 35 s)
UK 2 (627 kb, 1 min 14 s)
UK 3 (2558 kb, 4 min 59 s, this was the last part; one word: beautiful.)

There were, as usual, funny comments in the videos (again!)

Haaaaay... and I was stunned.......AGAIN!

****

Prelude

It was not an easy day for me. First, there was no shuttle to Lawton since all schools have no classes; ergo, there were no passengers. I was forced to take the jeep, then the LRT, and another jeep to reach the school. Some effort eh? Oh, and it took me 3 hours to reach school. Dang.

Second, my freaking experiment failed for the Nth freaking time. So I have to polymerize again tomorrow. Sheeesh.

Third, traffic was heavy everywhere!!! Did everyone receive cars for Christmas? The roads should be clear because there are no classes. But no!!! They're not! Waaaaah!

Anyway, I called Leah and told her I wanted to watch the WPO last night (Dec 28). We agreed (Peter, Leah, and myself) to meet at SM after Leah's office hours. That was around 7:30 pm.

Suddenly I realized that I'll first be at the EDSA station of the LRT (where we will pass by when we go to the WPO) before reaching SM. So I called Leah and told her I'll just wait for them somewhere along EDSA (Pasay).

I went to McDo to have my dinner and waited there for 1 hour. Leah finally texted me and told me to wait up; they were stuck in Magallanes because of the heavy traffic. I waited for 30 minutes or so, then they finally arrived.

The road from Pasay Rotonda to the Heritage Hotel was jam-packed with cars which I bet are going to WPO too. We crossed Roxas Blvd and EDSA Ext. and the traffic was even more horrible (see pic above). When we reached the intersection were Blue Wave is, the road was already blocked and cars were not allowed to enter anymore. We were forced to turn left at Diosdado Macapagal Ave.

Then suddenly UK started firing behind the Mall of Asia. Cars in front of us stopped. Kesehodang nasa gitna ng daan. They stopped and got off their cars. We stopped too and so did the other cars behind us. We went to the open field just so we could get a good view of the fireworks, although our view last Monday was better (the fireworks were directly overhead us). Imagine four lanes of parked cars. In an open road, that is. Wow.

I took videos and a pic. The pic wasn't so good because we we're kinda far but the videos are okay. The pics above are clips from the videos I took.

I wasn't able to watch Russia because we came late. I also didn't watch Germany and Korea last Tuesday because it was raining so hard here in Paranaque. I can't watch South Africa and USA later because I will attend a vicariate-wide gathering. I missed and would miss lots of things so I am trying to convince Leah and Peter to go on Friday for the closing (and probably the best day) of the WPO. Peter said I need to convince him 5% more.

Hah, 5%? Piece of cake.

****

I bet my blog will soon turn into a fireworks blog. I'm such a fireworks freak this week. Please bear with me.

****

Countdown: less than a month before my birthday. Ahh.. the perks of having your birthday a month after Christmas... but then that would be in another post.

posted by Dorxie at 3:42 AM   [ 0 comments ]

v5.7 Copyright (c) 2005, Dorx Crooc All Rights Reserved.

+ For the Greater Glory of God! +




Make it an escape.
Make it an experience.
Make it a daily necessity.
Make it an occasional treat.
Make it a happy place.
Make it a fortress of solitude.
Make it bouncy.
Make it what you want it to be.

Make it your Journal.
Go ahead and blog away.





Subscribe!
Feed yourself. Subscribe!

Check me out at Friendster!
Check me out at Friendster!

amazing since birth.
amazing since birth.

Go forth and Multiply.


Let's have a lil chit chat.

Send me an e-mail!
Send me an e-mail!

Twitter Logo

    Follow me on Twitter.

    My Disclosure Policy
    My Disclosure Policy









    This site is a member of WebRing. To browse click here.

    PinoyTopBlogs.com Webring
    Join | Ring Hub | Random | Prev | Next

    Blogarama - The Blog Directory

    Blogko.net Topsites

    Add to Technorati Favorites




    www.hitscount.com