Bleeding and Believing

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Adventures before the board exam

I had time only for a short post last sunday and I wasn't able to post my adventures last weekend so I'm posting this only now.

I was talking to Emar, Chris and Erick last Friday after our mass in school with the College of Science, which was offered to our batch because we will take the board the Monday after. I told them that it's very unlikely for my calculator to have its battery totally discharged on Monday, Sept. 5, the first day of the board. Of all the days that it could happen, why on Monday? Why during the board?

Come Saturday. While solving for Analytical Chem problems, the display on my calculator got crazy, displayed I-dunno-what-was-that characters and the display itself seems to fade. Oh no, this can't be happening. Since it has two-way power and solar energy can be used, I checked if it's only the battery having problems. I placed my calcu right beside the window and the display became normal again so I thought, I could have the battery changed tomorrow. Thank God it happened a day before the board!

Sunday. September 4. Mom woke me up early, really early, because we will visit the Antipolo Church and hear mass there. Mom's whole clan is devoted to the image of Mama Mary in Antipolo. She may be Our Lady of Peace and Good Voyage to some, Nuestra SeƱora dela Paz y Buenviaje to some, but to us she will always be Nanay Paz.


My family has a replica of her image. We say the novena whenever she's in Mama's (my Lola) house. The image is being passed from one house to another somewhere in Quezon City and she's brought back to Mama only twice every year: during her anniversary (July) and in Christmas time. We grew up saying the rosary in Filipino because of Nanay Paz. I am probably the only one in my grade school class who can say the rosary in Tagalog. And I guess until now I am the only in my class who can recite Hail Holy Queen in Filipino, the Aba Po Santa Mariang Reyna.

Anyway, with mom, dad, and Jhozelle (my sister), I went to pray to Nanay Paz in Antipolo, where her shrine is found. On the way there, my sister took this.



Honestly, it looked like a scene from a music video.



I thought it was my first time to visit the church but my mom said I visited it a couple of times when I was a kid. I really don't remember. So I considered my visit as my first, and whenever I visit a church for the first time I always say my 3 wishes. One is to pass the board. The other two, well, you're not allowed to know. Haha!

We went home around lunch time and I went to sleep till 4 pm. I woke up and remembered I need to have my calcultor's battery changed so I went to SM with mom.



Oh, there were a lot of people because of the three-day sale. I had the battery changed in a shop where watches are sold. I was sure I tested my calculator and it had a display.

Looked around for stuff. Ate pizza. Went home. Took my calcu out of my bag. No display. It was around 7 pm. I panicked and went back to SM to have it checked. The guy told me there's a little problem with where the battery is attached. He told me to come back after 30 minutes, he will try to fix it. I told him to take care of it because I would be using it for the board the next day.

He had it fixed alright. I got home and reviewed org chem and inorg chem some more. Watched TV. Then reviewed some more. Then the Dizzizzit post.

God, please let me pass the test. Please. =)

posted by Dorxie at 12:21 AM   [ 2 comments ]

v5.7 Copyright (c) 2005, Dorx Crooc All Rights Reserved.

+ For the Greater Glory of God! +




Make it an escape.
Make it an experience.
Make it a daily necessity.
Make it an occasional treat.
Make it a happy place.
Make it a fortress of solitude.
Make it bouncy.
Make it what you want it to be.

Make it your Journal.
Go ahead and blog away.





Subscribe!
Feed yourself. Subscribe!

Check me out at Friendster!
Check me out at Friendster!

amazing since birth.
amazing since birth.

Go forth and Multiply.


Let's have a lil chit chat.

Send me an e-mail!
Send me an e-mail!

Twitter Logo

    Follow me on Twitter.

    My Disclosure Policy
    My Disclosure Policy









    This site is a member of WebRing. To browse click here.

    PinoyTopBlogs.com Webring
    Join | Ring Hub | Random | Prev | Next

    Blogarama - The Blog Directory

    Blogko.net Topsites

    Add to Technorati Favorites




    www.hitscount.com