Bleeding and Believing

Friday, January 06, 2006

Posts that should have been here last week

The last day of the WPO was almost the best day, except that we had to walk 2 kilometers because of the damn traffic.

The host dubbed the WPO as the event that caused the worst traffic in the history of the country. We couldn't disagree. We were parked in the middle of the street 2 km away from the venue because of the super heavy traffic.

Anyway, I know this post is kinda late already and my highness from WPO has been long gone so I'm going to make this a quick one.

UAE had a good show. But I think it's not too good compared to the ones we first saw. Here are the videos and check them out yourselves.

UAE 1 (751 kb, 1 min 33 s)
UAE 2 (1.19 MB, 2 min 26 s)
UAE 3 (1.03 MB, 2 min 3 s)
UAE 4 (814 kb, 1 min, 33 s, has nice walis-like, fountain-like display)
UAE 5 (573 kb, 1 min 14 s)

Of course, the host country needed to exhibit too. I must say that our country had unique fireworks, which made all the people present there truly proud. Here are the videos:

Philippines 1 (127 kb, 17 s)
Philippines 2 (276 kb, 31 s)
Philippines 3 (311 kb, 41 s)
Philippines 4 (388 kb, 46 s)
Philippines 5 (471 kb, 53 s)
Philippines 6 (1.67 MB, 3 min 32 s, one of the nicest and noisiest)
Philippines 7 (1.66 MB, 3 min 23 s, do you wanna be proud to be Pinoy? Watch this. Only the Philippines had this type of display. And it literally lit the skies so bright for a minute. =))
Philippines 8 (1.03 MB, 2 min 14 s)

Australia emerged as the winner of the 1st WPO. We saw Australia during the first day and we knew they would win. Yebah!

The most heart-breaking part was walking 2 km back to our car parked near Coastal Mall. My legs were shaking and numb already. We had no choice, we had to walk.

I have to say the walking part was tiring but seeing the country exhibit the way other countries did was definitely worth it. =)

****

It was my first time to celebrate the New Year in the hospital. My Lola was confined in the hospital 2 days before the new year. On new year's day, we had our annual family reunion in her room. Good thing she's now okay and at home na.

Please pray for my Lola so she could recover soon. =)

****

If there's one gift that I love receiving, it's a bag.

Bag bag bag. I am a bag addict. Mom says I have a lot of bags that I could feed a whole third world country with it. If we go hungry, we could eat my bags and survive for a year or so.

Thanks to Julien for another bag she threw into my bin. I love this pink Aeropostale corduroy tote bag!


And it's reversible...


And it has this nice pink butterfly zipper bling.


Thank Jule! Love it!

****

Three nights ago I started preparing my do-or-die report for Dear Professor's class, which by the way went disastrous last Wednesday. While tinkering with my calculator, I found this periodic table inside the calculator's cover that meant so much to me.


I said in my yearbook write-up that this periodic table is probably the most important thing I possessed during my undergrad years.

At the back of the table says:


Suddenly, I felt a smile was plastered on my face. Back in my freshman year, this Proud to Be a Chemist thingie didn't really hit me. Now that I am already a Chemist, it makes me feel so proud of my profession.

I think this pocket-sized card is like a portal that faces two directions. One faces the past, the undergrad years, where I used the table part to answer tests. The other faces the future, the years to come as a Chemist, where I will use it to remind me how important is my job to make the lives of Filipinos better.

Yeah, it's so cool to be a Chemist!

posted by Dorxie at 5:20 PM   [ 0 comments ]

v5.7 Copyright (c) 2005, Dorx Crooc All Rights Reserved.

+ For the Greater Glory of God! +




Make it an escape.
Make it an experience.
Make it a daily necessity.
Make it an occasional treat.
Make it a happy place.
Make it a fortress of solitude.
Make it bouncy.
Make it what you want it to be.

Make it your Journal.
Go ahead and blog away.





Subscribe!
Feed yourself. Subscribe!

Check me out at Friendster!
Check me out at Friendster!

amazing since birth.
amazing since birth.

Go forth and Multiply.


Let's have a lil chit chat.

Send me an e-mail!
Send me an e-mail!

Twitter Logo

    Follow me on Twitter.

    My Disclosure Policy
    My Disclosure Policy









    This site is a member of WebRing. To browse click here.

    PinoyTopBlogs.com Webring
    Join | Ring Hub | Random | Prev | Next

    Blogarama - The Blog Directory

    Blogko.net Topsites

    Add to Technorati Favorites




    www.hitscount.com